Fulcrum Institute | 211 West Augusta | Spokane, WA 99205 | 509-838-2799
The objectives and purposes of the Fulcrum Institute Dispute Resolution Clinic are defined as follows:
• To form a permanent organization in the County of Spokane for the provision of forums in which persons may voluntarily participate in the resolution of disputes in an informal and less adversarial manner than by using the judicial system.
• To encourage continuing community participation in the development, administration, and oversight of local programs designed to facilitate the informal resolution of disputes between, and among members of the community.
• To offer structures for dispute resolution which may serve as models for low income dispute resolution centers in other communities.
* To offer educational and mentoring services to individuals who have been, are, or will be facing incarceration through a penal system run by a jurisdiction of federal, state or county determination. Such services are to include a forum that potentially provides for employment opportunities through a business roundtable and reintegration into the local community by those individuals so identified.
• To enter into operating agreements, partnerships, leases, grants, or other arrangements with the City of Spokane or the County of Spokane (Washington), or with any subdivision or agency of the State of Washington or the United States of America, for the purposes of operating and maintaining a dispute resolution clinic for low- to moderate-income individuals.
• To do everything consistent, proper, and requisite for the carrying out of the objectives and purposes aforesaid to their fullest and broadest sense, excepting that the Clinic shall not engage in any business, trade, avocation, or profession for gain or profit.
- Adopted September, 1994
- Amended June 2013
211 West Augusta
Spokane, WA 99205